Are You Looking for Something Fantastic for Your Kids To Do This March Break?
Consider the March Break Music Theatre Camp at the Toronto Faculty of Music! Our music school in Toronto has been offering singing and instrument lessons in Toronto for over 40 years, making it Etobicoke’s longest serving music school.
Contact us today for more details regarding the March Break Music Theatre Camp at the Toronto Faculty of Music. Our music school in Toronto is conveniently located on Bloor St. W. in Etobicoke and also offers regularly scheduled singing and instrument lessons in Toronto 12 months of the year.
Here’s a look at what your kids can expect when they sign up for our Music Theatre Camp:
- Vocal music training. At the start of each day, campers spend a good hour learning music for the camp-end theatre presentation. In March 2017, that will be an old favorite, Annie, The Musical.
- Outdoor activities. Where would a music theatre camp be without some outdoor activities for the kids? We spend time outside to make sure the campers burn off that extra energy and feel relaxed and focused when performing their other activities.
- Art activities. Music theatre is a complete creative endeavor that entails more than just singing and dancing. Art design has to be created and sets and props built. An hour every morning is dedicated to this aspect of theatre production.
- Quiet reading and script study. A counterpoint to the morning’s activities and a way for campers to transition from lunch back into activity is this quiet half hour period of reading and studying the script.
- Movement to music. Another way for the kids to burn off extra energy—and learn something while they’re at it—is to have them give themselves to movement inspired by music.
- Drama. Campers hone their acting chops through games and work on the camp-end theatre presentation. This includes music and choreography rehearsal and line study.
The Toronto Faculty of Music’s March Break Music Theatre Camp is a holistic musical theatre experience that has something for everyone! By combining physical activity, creativity, learning and expression in a relaxed and fun atmosphere, campers come away with new found abilities and skills they probably will find nowhere else. They’ll have a great time doing it and probably make some lifelong friends!
Contact our music school in Toronto to reserve a spot for your kids in our March Break Music Theatre Camp. It promises to be a stimulating one-of-a-kind experience that will inspire them for the rest of their lives.